Suffering from seizures. Taking tegrital, having absence seizures, medication changed to valtec. Safe medication?

Hi i am suffering from epilepsy from the last 8 years. i have a seizure every one and a half year or so. in 2010 i had my last seizure and my meditation was increased from tegrital 600mg to 800 mg. i havent had an unconscious attack since then but i feel i have had absence seizures. so i got worried and consulted another neurologist . he has changed my meditation to valtec cr 300mg morning and 500mg in evening.i am very much worried regarding the change of my meditation. Please advice. ? will not get relevant answers.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012