Suffering from pimples, acne breakouts. Using tretinoin, Vitamin C serum, dry burning skin. Stop medication?

Hi Doc My dermatologist prescribed Retacnyl, 0.25% for treatment of my pimples . I am on this medication since July. I was told to use 3 times per week, Mon, Wed and Fri. I experienced more breakouts. The doctor said that initial breakouts from using the cream is normal. Till now, i am still breaking out and there are red deep scars. Pimples seem to take a long time (a month or more) to heal. On my 2nd visit to the doc, she prescribed Vit C serum . The serum is to reduce scars. However, it did not work on me as it burnt my face. I have sensitive skin . Why does Tretinoin cause breakouts? Should I stop using? Pls advise Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012