Suffering from pain in shoulder and arms. Temporary relief by massages. What could be the cause?

one of my friends have been suffering from pain in his right shoulder which runs down to his right arm and makes it completely immovable sometimes. He is 26 years of age. he believes it is due to bad posture and over usage of computer. Traction and massages had got him temporary relief but the pain returns every now and then making his right hand and recently right leg almost immovable. Kindly Advise.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think he should get MRI of the cervical spine to check if there is any disclosure herniation is present. If there is any disc herniation is there treatment will be according to size of prolapse. If less then 50 percent then physiotherapy. Also pregabalin and methyocobal tablet. If more then 50 percent then surgery.