Suffering from liver cancer. Stopped chemotherapy treatment. Will cancer spread if treatment is stopped?

My Father has decided to stop chemo for liver cancer because he feels sick all the time. The cancer in the liver spread from colon cancer. They told him 3-6 months without chemo, 6-1yr with chemo. The tumors have shrunk to about half their original size. He has been on chemo for 6 months. My question is, will the cancer spread quickly when he stops chemo? Any idea what kind of time frame we may be dealing with now?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012