Suffering from lipomas, getting new ones, pain in chest, shoulders, pain while breathing. Treatment apart from surgery?

i am 47, male, slightly overweight (200 lbs; 5 10 ) and have about 100 lipoma that i know of. Most are not bothersome but lately i have been getting new ones in my muscles in the left side of my chest. They have been really painful, especially when developing, and are most bothersome because they feel like more serious chest pain . Not sure if it s related, but I had an issue with my left shoulder a couple weeks ago, I had sharp pain in my shoulder in 95% of my arm positions and it was only bearable if held in a sling position. After about 3 days, the pain subsided and eventually went away. About a week and a half later, I started to get sharp, stabbing pain shooting from my lower left chest muscles up to my left shoulder, especially when I would breathe in. This pain occurs in episodes that last about 5 minutes and then ok again. I think that I ve been able to isolate the source of the pain to a possible new lipoma that is forming, but it also feels more long and skinny and not round like my others. Initially, the pain was also accompanied by numbness and tingling in my shoulder and left arm. The pain started about 4-5 days ago and the episodes still occur about 8-10 times per day. I have not gone to see my doctor for the most recent pain, partly because my regular doctor doesn t seem to know about lipoma and only tells me to go to a general surgeon and have them removed. Unfortunately, I can t have all 100 removed! I m not sure if this lipoma is different than others and getting entangled more with muscle and nerves. Please help!
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012