Suffering from itching and scales problem in head, skin turned black and joints have become rough. IS it Psoriasis?

Hi,This is MJ from New Delhi,India.for the last 2 yrs i am suffering from itching and scales problem in my head.I consulted a dermatologist and he suggested me some medicines and shampoos and asked to continue it for three months,I did,but did no benefit and now skin of my hand is becoming black all the joints of my fingers are becoming rough so Now I am consulting another one and she has told me that I am suffering from psoriasis and asked me for Vit.D test and thyroid test too.please guide me what to do now?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013