Suffering from infected ear, decayed tooth, swollen tonsils and salivary gland. Recommended Claritin D, ibuprofen. History of sinus. Treatment?

I had a root canal in early may. Prior to the root canal, my symptoms were a hollow feeling in my left ear and tingling down my jaw. The endodontist determined that my back lower tooth was not healthy (no infection) and performed a root canal. The feeling mostly disappeared after the initial root canal, but obviously the endodontist and dentist have been in my mouth several times over the last month and a half, used novacaine, etc. for the crown. During the entire time, I have had swelling in my upper left cheek (inside), like little pockets of inflammation. Along with this, my allergies have been bad and I have had sinus pain, only on that left side in my cheek. After the dentist put my crown on recently, my left gland in my neck became swollen and has not gone down. The sinus pain comes and goes, the hollow feeling in the ear comes and goes and my jaw below my ear feels stiff and sort of hurts. I went to the urgent care to rule out an ear infection or strep. She said my tonsils and salivary gland are swollen and I had a lot of post nasal drip. She recommeded Claritin D. I have been taking it, but the swelling has not gone down with that or ibuprofen. The dentist also looked at my mouth and says my teeth seem fine.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013