Suffering from hives. Could it be due to the change in living place? What are the complications of being on medication?

We moved house about 16 weeks ago. About 1mth ago I broke out in hives then one by one my 4 children and husband have joined me breaking out in hives. We had changed our laundry powder just before the hives so we changed back to the old one but we still have hives. This is the only new thing in our lives other than the house. I don t like keeping myself or my children on medication long term what can we do?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012