Suffering from high blood pressure. Family history of deaths due to high BP. What to do?

hi i am a 46 year old african american women my BP was 140/100 never had an issue before. I am 5ft 1inch 174pounds. Alittle scared father died at 68 from high BP. mother died at 47 for other reasons. Just nervous my doctor said check it again today. so now i scared what if it is the same what does this mean. i am a professional in the pharmaceutical business, with 4 very stressful young adult children a husband that became disable 1 year ago now is like a child. OMG what am i going to do?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013