Suffering from heart burn, body pain, headache. Not having meals on time. Any home remedy?

Hi Doctor, How are you? I am Bhavya. My Cousin is having heart burn because of more work pressure. From some days he was almost working for 16 hours a day. He is manager because of that he is having more pressure. He want to develop his branch more and more because of that he is working tooo much. He told me that he is having heart burn from 2 days, with body pains and head ache also. And he is not having his meals in the right time and sometimes not eating atleast. He is telling that he forgot to eat because of work. Please tell me some home precautions to be taken for his health and the type of food he needs to eat and please tell your suggestions to come out of this as soon as possible. We are Indians, so please suggest the food according to that because we are not so aware of other food. I am very thankful to you, if you can help me. I appreciate your help! Thank You Regards, Bhavya.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

Thank you for the query.

Your cousin way of life can be an example how to get peptic ulcers. And it is possible, he already has such. That is why he should have upper GI endoscopy performed at first before any treatment. This is very important as it can rule out stomach cancer and Helicobacter Pylori infection can be checked.
To easy acid reflux symptoms he should avoid soft drinks, coffee, fatty foods. He should not lie down after a meal and the last meal should be 2 hours before sleeping.

Hope this will help.