Suffering from flu, high fever, vomiting, loss of appetite. Taking ibuprofen, acetaminophen. Treatment?

My 16 year old son was diagnosed with flu yesterday and without medication his body temperature will rise to 104 degrees at which point he starts vomiting . With a rotation of 600mg ibuprofen and 500mg acetaminophen every two hours I can get it to 101.5. With ice packs under his arms, I can get it down to 100.5. He has had very little fluid intake for 24 hours and no food intake at all for the same period. At what point do I need to consider taking him to the hospital? I don t want to be an alarmist.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013