Suffering from flu, having cough, fever, body pain, chills, headache. Taking advil. Treatment options?

My husband and I both had the flu- coughing,fever, body aches, chills,etc.this past week. I am ok now, but he has a very bad headache and sharp pains (intermittent) on his sides. (about halfway down each side). Advil cold and sinus helps his head for a bit but it comes back as drugs wear off. He is still coughing (non productive) quite a bit but no fever now. He has had shingles before and says the side pain almost feels like that pain, very sharp but not constant. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013