Suffering from excessive burping on eating, drinking something, choking feeling. Treatment?

hello dr. i am having exclusive burping problem or unnecessary burping problem... when i eat something after eating and some time in between eating i getting burping. when i drink water withing 4-5 seconds of drunk water i got burping. sometime i got attack of burping and in that case burping is not releasing smoothly and it chokes the burp. please help me
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms might be due to gastritis.

I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

An Endoscopy may be helpful in your case.

I would advise that you should take an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day before meals along with Domperidone 30mg.

Following precautions will be helpful :-
1.Avoid spicy and oily foods.
2.Avoid being empty stomach for long periods.
3.Avoid mental and emotional stress.
4.Avoid smoking and alcohol, if any.
5.Avoid eating fast and talking while eating.
6.Drink lots of water daily.

Further medical management can be planned after knowing the reports of the endoscopy.

I hope this is helpful to you.