Suffering from dry cough. Prescribed montair, cough reoccurs on stopping medication. Can I continue using it?

I have been prescribed Montair 10 mg for dry cough .I am taking it since last 4 months and is very effective.If i stop it, dry cough reappears.can i take it on regularly for long time. I am 62 years old,take amlogard 5 mg for BP .Height 5 ft 7 inches.weight 70 kg.No other problem expect BP.Does it reduce sex drive? My surgeon told me that Montair affects white blood cells.Is it so pls.Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013