Suffering from diabetes. Having dark legs, occassional pain. Worried about amputation. Suggestions?

My boyfriend has diabetis type II. He is 55. Recently he was treated for a black too, all very fine now - but yesterday while moisterising his feet I noticed his both legs (front part between knee and ankle) very black. His legs have always been patchy brownish, but to see them black now scares me. I don t know which article to read? Trombosis, Trombu? I hope he won t be amputated I am so scared about that, but I heard that he would be so much at pain if it was at such serious state. These days he has pain all over his legs quite often, but not specifically at the part which I notice black. Kind regards, CG
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
can you tell me his FBS,PPBS and HbA1c level which can give me some idea abt the problem. is he a smoker . and ist the leg or the toes. is he having loss of sensation in the legs . if he is a smoker if the sugar is not well controlled the best thing to get your doubt cleared is do a Doppler scan of the legs to know the arterial flow and to rule out any narrowing or block in the arteries . the pain may be due to reduced blood supply so don't delay and do a Doppler get rid of your pain.

expecting your feed back . good luck take care