Suffering from crying fits, occurs ever week, holding something while crying. Is it mental disorder or depression?

Hello Dr. I m 26 yr old female doing M.ed. in special education.Since last few weeks i m suffering with a thing like crying fits .this occurs to me after a week.I don t understand the reason.When i starts crying i use to hold something very tight as my hands keep on shaking.And on completion i relax and loose the thing i had hold.Please tell me if m suffering with some mental disorder or may i m in depression .
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012