Suffering from constant sound inside ears. Increases during nights. Treatment?

My mother has been suffering from constant sound from inside her ears. She cant understand if the sound is from inside her ears or from inside the head. But the sound is constantly there. when the sound is louder, she feels very irritated. At nights specially, the sounds are more louder (as she feels, or may be because of the silence around). She took ayurvedic treatment for this, where some medicated oils were given to be applied to the head. The ayurveda doctor told her that she has weak nerves. She used to be a regular neurobion taker but since last few years, have reduced its intake. Also, she has osteoporosis . Please suggest if there is any treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012