Suffering from bowel irritability, cold, weakness, depression, anxiety. What does it sound like?

I have lots of problems. I always suffer from various illness every now and then i.e. bowel irritability , coldness, weakness, over or less sleep,depression, anxiety, almost no- sex- drive, nervousness together with frequent urination and bowel etc. which doctor should I consult with? NB: Few problems were found with hormone and I took medicine for that but no improvement.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with a myriad of symptoms in various body systems. However, many of your symptoms seem to have a psychogenic origin i.e either depressive/anxiety-related. Hence, i would suggest you undergo a thorough psychiatric evaluation first and foremost. For your information "irritable bowel syndrome" is a famous psychiatric entity. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar G

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~ You need to consult a psychiatrist. It seems to me that you are suffering from a form of depression and anxiety which is making your irritable bowels worse. Frequent urination may be due to various reasons - most commonly due to poor hydration or urinary tract infection. Please consult a doctor either ways. Take care.