Suffering from bier spots. How to get relief completely?

Hello. My name is Vivian and since approxametely 7 years I suffer from Bier spots . I looked through the Forum and couldn´t find anybody who was actually asking about bierspots. I know for sure it´s bierspots. I´ve got them on all of my arms and legs. There are there most of the time but do disapear when i rise my arms for example. I´ve been to many doctors who haven´t got a clue about it. They tested me for vitilligo twice and of course it´s nit a pigmentation problem. I would only like to know what I can do to get rid of them because I really suffer from them and it´s hard to cover yourself up completely through all the year.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Hello Vivian;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you have bier's spots you should also know that they are raised spots which disappear on pressure or when you raise your hands and these are seen in few young people.It is a physiological anamoly of skin but it does not have any clinical importance so other than looking odd you will not have any problems.Since it is not a disease there is no treatment.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Bier spots are a benign condition. Bier spots are a collection of dilated blood vessels which blanch on pressure. Not to worry. Do you have trouble sleeping, any shortness of breath. You can probably ask the Dermatologist of concealing them with cosmetic application as there is no effective treatment for this.