Suffering from UTI and Citrobacter koseri, treated with omnicef for lack of better antibx. Can I take antibiotics when nursing baby?

Hi, I am a 27 year old healthy female with no remarkable medical history. I have a 17 month old who I am currently nursing. Over the past 5 months I have had two uti s from citrobacter koseri. I have never had trouble with recurrent uti s prior to this. Both times my symptoms were very minor. The first time they went away without treatment. Second time I was treated with omnicef for lack of better antibx because I m nursing. I read online that this bacteria is predominantly seen in immunocompromised patients and rarely causes uti type symptoms. I am concerned something more serious is going on. I have had a few uri s but attributed this to having a toddler.Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013