Suffering from Type 2 diabetes. Prescribed triglycomet. Do side effects include heart failure?

Sir,

I am suffering from Type 2 diabities since last 30 years, now it is uncontrolled. Doctor prescribed to take tablet Triglycomet 7.5 . But I read the side effect of its, like heart faillure etc. what I shoud continue this tablet three times in day or not , please advice me.
Gyanendra Kumar Jain
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Firstly I would like to acknowledge that no drug is free from side effects. Pioglitazone is one of the three drugs in Triglycomet used for diabetes treament It was banned in India due to its link with bladder cancer and other side effects such as water retention, anemia and even heart failure. But experts say that its benefits outweigh the risks and the ban was lifted in august.The lifting of the ban gave relief to over 35 lakh diabetes patients across the country who were left to either switch to insulin or opt for costlier (yet less effective) drugs.Now pioglitazone is available with a warning box on the packaging, warning of its risks for those with active bladder cancer, ongoing chemotherapy and other such conditions.You may consult your doctor for change of prescription to other classes of drugs like insulin, gliptins or glp agonist etc.