Suffering from SVT tachycardia. Prescribed with metroprolol. Is it safe to go for skiing?

I have SVT tachycardia . Have had episodes for about last 10 yrs. Cardiologist suggested quitting caffeine. I did. Episodes now only come about twice a year. I go to the ER, get a shot and the rate comes down when an episode happens. I take no medications . I have a prescription of Metroprolol 25mg. I only take it if I have an episode. I am planning a ski trip to Colorado in December and was wondering if there was anything I could do to avoid an episode there. I am driving there from Texas over a two day period.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012