Suffering from GERD, upper respiratory infection, throat pain, irritation. What should I do?

Hi, I have suffered from GERD for a few years but have never really been formally treated by a doctor for it besides using OTC meds such as prilosec . Recently, I had an upper respiratory infection and although my symptoms have cleared up, I still have some congestion/drainage which is causing me to cough/throat clear. I ve noticed that I have a stuck in the throat feeling accompanied by a little bit of pain, and I m not sure whether this is due to throat irritation from the drainage or because of many years of GERD. I m at a little bit of a loss at what to do. Should I wait a few days to see if this clears up or go ahead and see a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013