Suffering from COPD, on ventilator, heavily sedated, BP low, heart rate high, partially brain dead. Suggestions?

My Father went into hospital Dec. 5 2012 for pnemonia. He has copd , 70 yrs old.They put him on ventilator for two weeks and kept him heavily sedated. They did a tracheotomy he is still on vent and is in a rehabilitaion hospital now, My dad was on versed, propofol ,and fentenyl 150mg. He is now on ativan 2mg, and delotted 2mg.It is now Jan. 3 2013. My dad has not woke up. He seems to respond to our voices, even light squeezes of the and when asked. i just dont understand whats going on and doctors are not answering questions. A surgeon said a part of his brain is dead. Nothing shows on ct scan , its normal.?? He gets restless when weaned off meds. Bp gets low, heart rate goes up. Just really need some information this...Thank you, Debra
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013