Suffering from COPD. Difficulty in digestion, breathlessness. Suggestions?

Hi My name is dave,i m 56 and suffer from copd . My problem at the moment seems to be with digestion , an hour or so after i have eaten i feel very weak and very breathless as my food digests as if i am stuggling to digest the food. this is very scary and makes it very difficult to do anything but sit quitely for half to one hour till it passes, as i certainly could not stand and walk about or do anything. please can you help and tell me what is going on.many thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response
If u have Copd then you must be on some drugs.
A lot of time the oral drugs like theophylline causes gastritis and hence indigestion.
Also if ur breathing is not comfortable then it is difficult to eat more in one time and hence very breathless.