Suffering from Acne, given Tretin and Zyclin. Any side effects of peeling?

I am 26 year old male suffering from acne on my face and back from 8 year recently i have visited a doctor who has given me tretin-0.025 ,zyclin cream for face to apply in night and morning respectively and doxy-1and isotrin tablet and also told me for the peeling so i want to know that is there any side effect of peeling and what are the benefit of peeling.Dose peeling remove acne 100% . Is peeling is necessary to cure acne without peeling is there any other cure. Also tell me the reason how acne occurs.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013