Suffer with acne, white head pimples on face, worsened symptoms after using Retin A. Should I stop it?

reagrds Doctor ,thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I suffer from some acne and white head pimples on my face, and a doctor recommended Retin A. I have been using the lowest dosage of this cream for a year now , and the breakouts seem much worse.I am doing everything as the doctor requested : washing my face,let dry for 30 minutes, apply before bed, apply sunscreen during the day, using moisterizer. I do wish to use Retin A cream because of the great benifits it has as i age, I read it prevents wrinkles to some extent. but it s causing me more pimples even AFTER A YEAR, Id retin A just bad for me ? Do I think I should just stop using it once and for all ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013