Suffer from psoriasis. Is methotrexate used to treat this? Will this medication reduce the eyesight?

I am a 60 year old woman.who has worked in nursing care for 30 years.I still work as a h.c.a. in a local hospital,for the past eight years i have suffered with older sister has had it most of her life .there are 8 children in our family and noticed only 4 have developed some psorisis.I am now waiting to be refered to a rhumotollgist.but afraid they may ask me to take methotrexate ollder sister has had this and has had been loosing her sight.I dread that happening to me as I have inhereted stigmtism and my long sightedness is plus 8 in my right eye.can you reasure me please.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013