Suffer from interstitial pulmonary fibrosis. Have chronic dry cough.On steroids. History of diabetes and knee replacement

I am a female aged 61 years.
I am having interstitial pulmonary fibrosis since many years which is not progressive.
My problem is chronic dry cough. I am very sensitive to micro dust in the house.
Earlier I was treated with cortico steroid (wysolone). Latest intake was 5 mg alternate days for about 2 years. but since the dry cough has incresed I have changed to 5 mg daily but there is no improvement.
I also have pulmonary hypertension and type II diabetes and I am regularly taking medicines for the same. I also had total knee replacement surgery done for both knees.
Is there any better remedy other than increasing the dose of steroid?
Is perfinex (a drug used by other patients with similar but progressive IPF ) advised for me?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013