Suffer from fibromyalgia for years. EMG and Cortisone shots scheduled. Why?

Hi, I have had fibromyalgia for the past 30 years! It took me a long time to be diagnosed but since my diagnosis I no longer run to see my doctor everytime I m in pain. I did see my doctor after what I felt was pain, different than that I normally experience, in my right hip. My internist sent me to a pain specialist who did an EMG and then scheduled me for a series of synthetic cordisone shots in my trigger point. My question is, if there is NO INFLAMATION with fibromyalgia, then why the shots.? Will they help?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
EMG will help in detecting any muscle fiber abnormality and the cortisone shots will help in decreasing the symptoms in case there is any autoimmune cause or inflammatory cause involved.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,