Suffer from back pain due to disc bulge. Pain radiating to the lower leg. No relief after taking amtytipline

hi, i have been told by my physio that i have a disc bulge that affects my L5 region this was last thurs, i have severe pain in my calf and foot area down my left handside only. this started over 8 weeks ago just with lower back pain but 2 weeks ago it started to manifest itself in the lower leg area. i have been to my doctor who perscribed naxproxen 500g codine and amptytripyline 10mg, this does not do much to ease my pain so far today i couldnt make work as its as its truggle to walk and stand for any length of time. ihave only taken the amptytiptline for 4 nights so far as physio said this is the one tablet that should help but i cant see any improvements yet
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013