Suddenly feeling hot, shaky, intense ringing in ears and fainted. Is this normal?

I ve never fainted before in my life but last weekend was cooking in the kitchen and a friend was talking to me but I couldn t hear what they were saying, their speech sounded really muffled and droney, I then walked to get sme water, came back to the kitchen and the last thing i remember was feeling really hot and having a really intense ringing in my ears. My friend says i was shaking lots before i dropped to the ground, I have no recollection of this. Then yesterday I laying was in the bath and got the same ringing in my ear and hot feeling and woke up coughing water (where my head had dropped under water). Is this normal or should I go to my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
dear mizimoo,
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, suddent onset and repetative attacks of your symptom sugests some underlying disease, better to consult a general physician, Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks