Sudden uncontrollable itch in bra, panty area, hands with swelling, soft bump on palm, headache, eased with benadryl. Cause?

sudden horrible uncontrolable itch in bra area, panty area, and hands. actual swelling in these areas ( whelps are raised and red) hand was left with a soft bump under the skin on my palm. before the itchy whelps I had a bad headache.(I NEVER have headaches ) I took a benadryl and suppressed the urge to scratch as much as possible. It was a 10 on the 1-10 scale. I am a very healthy 62 year old. no sickness, no meds, ever. thanks for your help, jennifer
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012