Sudden tightness in the chest, swollen lips, difficulty breathing, started after eating peanuts. Could it be anaphalaxis?

Last night, I was eating peanuts and suddenly I felt I tightness in the chest , my lips swelled and my upper body and face became dark red ( almost like a blueish tinge) and I felt unwell and had difficulty breathing . I am an asthmatic but I was not wheezing , so I don t think it was asthma. The episodes lasted for approximately 20 minutes. Could if be anaphalaxis? I eat peanuts regularly or could it be heart problems, I am 51 years of age
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012