Sudden shock in chest area, arms, head, shoulders, entire body, while sleeping, heart attack or medication effect ?

I am having situations mostly when trying to go to sleep where I get a sudden shock that seems to start inb the chest area and goes to my arms, head, shoulders...sometimes it goes through my whole body. Last night I think I was beginning to panic because of it thinking i was going to have a heart attack or possibly die. Any ideas? I have been seeing a doctor regualrly and am 49, 238 pounds, on cholestorl medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012