Sudden pain in left forearm, every 5 mins. What could be the reason?

Hi, my mom has sudden pain in her left forearm that happens every 3-5 minutes. The pain doesn t last long,but happens frequently . But she says the pain is immense,like something is stabbing her arm traveling from her elbow to her wrist and she can t do anything with it for that small amout of time. But when the pain is gone, it feels as if it was never there. Can you help us? Give us any suggestions? :)
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Thanx for your query.
Left forearm pain in always alarming.
It points towards cardiac problem too.
Get her evaluated by a cardiologist.
If cardiac conditions are stable then it might be some muscle or bone problem so consulting an orthopaedecian will be Gud enuff.