Sudden onset of knot on the left of head, rash on cheek. Any ideas?

About a week ago I (61 year old male) awoke with a small knot on the left side of my head ..right about an inch behind of my ear.....along with it was a small 1/2 rash on my left cheek...I work part time at a fitness facility and clean the place every I could have exchanged germs from a sweaty tissue ....or...I was challenged to do a bootcamp workout last week as well....which makes me wonder if I ruptured something......both places are sore and seem to be getting worse other than better...the rash on my face has kinda scabbed over but is still sore...any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013