Sudden onset of high fever, sore throat, headache, joint pain, bloody diarrhoea. Diagnosed as strep. Serious?

My 29 yo old daughter had a sudden onset of a high fever 102 with sore throat , headache with joint and muscle pains. She had bloody diarrhea as well. They did a rapid strep test which came back negative, but a day later got a call saying the culture had grown Strep F group. She was given antibiotics which she started today. The is very little in the literature that I can find. She hasn t had any of the triggering events that are cited. Is there cause for concern? Should she follow up with a specialist? Thanks .... Cathy
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013