Sudden high pulse rate, laboured breathing. Causes for symptoms?

Hi, My name is XXXXXX. I am 18 years old. My heart does this weird thing where it beats really hard and fast for a couple of seconds and I start to breath a lot harder. It scares me every time. I don t know what this could mean and nobody seems to have an answer for me. I was wondering if you could shed some light for me on this scary situation? I would really appreciate it.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you should hve mentioned your age and medical conditions you might have. I think you are a victim of anxiety and undue stress. Who can make you crazy and help less, if there are a lot of help available and there are physicians around.

First you should find a general physician to test your EKG and confirm that your heart is OK and beating and pumping well. Second you should assure yourself that there is nothing to worry. You are anxious and feared. Fear causes heart to pound and sweat and breathlessness.

Before feeling helpless and lamenting yourself for the situation, you should talk to your friends and family. Everyone will understand you because everyone has some problems. Consult a doctor first. The I will help you to alter your thoughts and lifestyle.

Hope Iam ble to clarify your doubts. Available for further queries.
Good luck.