Sudden elbow pain, swelling, diagnosed as bursitis. History of MRSA in opposite elbow. Cure?

Hi, I recently felt a pain in my elbow as if I had banged it on something. I don t recall any incident damaging my elbow prior to today. A severe pain has set in since the early after noon and now my elbow is swollen to the size of a baseball. Given my past experience in having MRSA two years ago in my opposite elbow this concerns me. I visited a walk-in clinic today and the doctor there gave an early diagnosis as bursitis . I also did blood work and am awaiting the results. I plan on getting a second opinion tomorrow and see if I can be given antibiotics .
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013