Sudden breakouts, redness on cheeks, pimples. Prescribed deriva gel, neutrogena. Safe medication?

Hello. I am 23 years old. I used to have a relatively clear complexion during my teenage but of late, I am noticing sudden breakouts and redness near my cheeks and forehead . My dermatologist prescribed me Deriva gel ( Adapalene ). I feel it does a good job in keeping the pimples at bay but I don t want to use such chemical-loaded products for a long duration. I have also tried various brands like Neutrogena and Clinique. Though both the brands are extremely good, I noticed that neutrogena contains parabens and Clinique is an alcohol based product. Hence I would like to know if I can continue using these brands, or stick to the Adapalene gel. Your early response is much appreciated. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012