Sudden and intense head pain that are periodic with weird feeling in eyes, nauseous stomach, had unprotected sex. Cause?

I have had major sudden pains in my head for about two weeks, they come and go and sometimes it is just a constant minor headache then the shooting pain. Also my eyes r goopy and feel weird and I have had a yucky nauseas stomach along with it...I had unprotected sex about two weeks ago so a bit concerned, it was with someone whom i thought i trusted and said they were clean
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having headache which is periodic with nausea and eye pain. These symptoms indicate primary headaches like migraine. This is not related to the unprotected sex which you had about 2 weeks ago.
The treatment of the condition is by use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs in the acute phase.
Since you are having periodic recurrences, you may require prophylactic drugs to prevent the recurrences. The commonly used prophylactic drugs are flunarizine or beta blockers like propranolol.
Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you