Stroke during pregnancy, MRI shows tiny foci in peri-ventricular white matter adjacent to lateral ventricles. Cause of foci?

Hi, I had an MRI done and the impression that I am curious about states: A few tiny foci of increased T2/FLAIR signal in the periventricular white matter adjacent to the frontal horns of the lateral ventricles . I was curious if this needs follow up. My family physician does not think so but I wanted to double check. I am 38 and had a stroke (bleed) in 2000 as a result of severe pre-eclampsia in pregnancy. Could these foci be a result of pregnancy hypertension? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012