Stroke, difficulty speaking, loss of memory, swollen white tongue. Treatment for symptoms?

Hi, a little more than a year ago I had a light stroke , I am 65 and I find that I m slowly getting better, I had difficult speaking, remembering words, typing and sometimes explaining myself but I feel an improvement everday. What I can t seem to cope with the swilling of my tongue I feel like it s preventing me from breating normally. My tongue is sometime white. What can I do There is days when I just want to give up
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012