Stringy red and white substance passed with urine. Should I be worried?

I am a male age 31. I just wen to pee and the first little trickle came out with a little stringy red and white thing, the rest of the time I peed normal should I be worried?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have passed Sringy red coloured tissue in your urine.

This is nothing but shedding off of epithelial lining of bladder mucosa due to infection.Though you do not have urinary symptoms it needs to be properly treated.

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.