Stretch marks on buttocks, tailbone pain. Due to growth spurt?

My 12 year old daughter appears to be going through another growth spurt, she is a very active girl, does gymnastics 5-6 days a week and plays soccer too (she is only doing soccer and gymnastics at the same time for a 6 week period and then soccer ends) - she is 5 4 and well proportioned - no fat on her to speak of - she has stretch marks on her buttocks and is now complaining of tailbone pain. Could the tailbone pain be coming from a growth spurt? She was tumbling in the gym on Saturday and did land on her butt but not very hard and the tailbone pain showed up a gymnast she is used to landing on her butt so I m really wondering if the pain is a result of her body growing?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012