Strep throat. Took antibiotics. Having pain in ear, swelling in neck, fever, blurred vision. Suggestions?

Tpwo weeks ago I was diagnosed with srep throat . I took the antibiotics agumenton. One week later I went back be cause my ear was still hurting and swelling in my neck glands. Two different PA s looked at me because of the swelling. They agreed it was inflammation from the astrep. Didn t want to do anything. However lthey gave me a rocefren shot and told me to take suadafed and finish augmentonb. Well i have finished augmented. Got a new family D . Saw him Friday. I explained the above to him. He looked in my ear also said looked good. He did do blood work and ordered a sleep apenea test. Because I have severe depression and my joints hurt really bad. With this they call restless leg. Also my blood pressure was a little high. So i feel like this dr. Is trying to get to the bottom of it. Well my ear and glands still hurt and Saturday (day after Dr.) I start running fever. Something I normally don t do even with strep. And they say my ear looks fine. This is 3o different PA s and a uNew Dr. (That seems to be good). O and now that I am running fever. When it is up I hurt all over and my vision is blurred. Can you please help? What is going on? What do I need to do? Thank you advance
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thans for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your clinica history and as you said that you are having strep infection in your throat, probably infection has reahed to your ear hrough eustachian tube (tubular connection between ear and throat) and thus developing acute otitis media which result in acute pain in ear.

This throat infection is responsible for swelling in your neck due to involvement of neck lymph nodes. this swelling will automatically subside with the improvement in your throat infection.

You are advice for these basic investigations-
(1) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(2) Blood - CBC, ESR, blood sugar- F. & P.P.
(3) Urine - routine and microscopic.
(4) X-Ray chest in P.A.view.

After this good clinical examination is necessary preferably by ENT doctor to find out real problem and there co-relation with inferences of investigations and finaly treatment.

wishing for your speedy recovery.

With Regards.