Strep and UTI, tried antibiotics, but no help. Bloating, bladder fullness, irregular periods. Alternate medication ?

I currently have a strep b uti . This is the 2nd one in 5 months. It s very uncomfortable and it has taken a week to get the right antibiotic to treat a strep infection. I was prescribed 4 different antibiotics the first time and this time 3 only because I insisted on them prescribing me the last script from the first uti. My symptoms are bloated, and the constant feeling of a full badder (like when you were a kid on a long road trip with no bathroom in sight) which is very frustrating and is keeping me awake a night. My question is could this be a symptom of something all together different? I ve had irregular periods for over 9 years it started after I had a tubal ligation I ve ad plenty if tests and everything comes back normal. I ve also benn diagnosed with irritable bowl syndrome . I have a physical next month is there something I should be requesting to be tested for?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012