Strange skin bumps with black sandy grit in dark blood on my legs

Hello. My name is Debs and I have been suffering some strange skin conditions for the past 4 or 5 months on the tops of my forearms, back of my hands, on my chest, and on my shins and ankles and tops of feet. I can count about 50 of these big rough red bumps just on my right arm. They start out as a tiny little speck of red blood, then they itch a little and I scratch and they grow and grow, especially on my legs. The most bizarre symptom is that they will sometime explode (like after a bath) without me even touching them and this gritty black sandy substance pours out mixed with very dark brown blood. The sores on my legs have this black pepper-looking stuff in the centers with redness to the skin around them and they're about 1.5 cm in diameter and oval shaped, and more flat than the ones on my arms. On my arms they are a lot more bumpy and thick and dry, almost like a wart but red. I haven't seen the black pepper specks in those on my arms lately, maybe because I am constantly washing them and applying alcohol then oil or lotion. We have treated for scabies, bed-bugs, chiggers, washed everything, thrown most of our clothes and furniture away, treated the household and even MOVED TWICE. What in the world could it be? I feel like a leper, especially since I don't know if I'm contagious. I haven't visited friends or family, gone to church, gone out shopping, etc. in months because of this skin condition that JUST WON'T GO AWAY!! Please help!! Thank you. Debs Houston, Texas
Asked On : Mon, 10 May 2010