Strained rib cage, muscle during a fall. How to get rid of the pain?

I am 29 weeks pregnant and fell on my right side in which i strained my rib outer bruising...but what can i do to help myself get better. Hi I went to the doctor and they said that most likely i strained my right rib cage or my muscle. I just need to know how to get through this pain and how long do i have till am better
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that either you have strained rib cage or may be there is a rib fracture. As you are pregnant i would not suggest you to take painkillers( only if your gynecologist permits).
My advice to you is to avoid sleeping in that side.
Apply Diclofenec gel locally
Hot water fomentation will help.